: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/partmin4/public_html/magycms/Framework/Navigations/nav_renderer.php
on line 42
: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/partmin4/public_html/magycms/Framework/Navigations/dynamic_renderer.php
on line 75
Rule of Law
RULE OF LAW
Existence of a legal framework based on democratic principles and effective mechanisms for protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms are among the most important prerequisites for an open society. Therefore, Partnership for Open Society prioritizes the following tasks:
- The human rights section is among the first to be amended. There is a need for systemic changes in the section, namely the definition and inclusion of any given right should be brought in conformity with the internationally acknowledged inclusion and standards for the same right. The list of the rights in the section has to be complemented with more than a dozen of rights that previously were not included.
Administrative Code and Administrative Litigation
- Development of a new draft Administrative Code in accordance with international and European standards, elaboration of litigation principles.
- Amendments to the new Criminal Code, namely de-criminalization of libel and insult, development of criminal and administrative penal approaches in fighting trafficking and sexual abuse.
Independence and Accountability of Judiciary
- Amendments in the section on Judiciary Branch in the acting Constitution that will help to strengthen the Judiciary branch, guaranteeing independence of the system. Accessibility and transparency of legal procedures.
Elaboration and Lobbying of the Law on Free Legal Aid
- Right to public defense (free legal aid in criminal, civil and administrative cases), draft action plan on the realization of the right to effective means of legal defense.
Policy Development on Public Security, Environmental Protection, Education, Migration, Public Health
- Improvement of legislation and legal policy shaping in the fields above.
Criminal Procedure Code
- Bringing the RA Criminal Procedure Code in line with international treaties.